GroveStreet provides industry-leading depth and focus in private equity and thoughtful, responsive client services. Every team member contributes to our excellence. Come join our team of seasoned professionals.
Accounts Payable & Treasury Accountant
We are seeking a highly motivated, hands-on, detail-oriented individual with two to four years of experience who will be responsible for the accounts payable and management company support. This will be a dual role, with a time split between each business function. Specific responsibilities will include:
Accounts Payable Responsibilities
• Oversee the Accounts Payable function for the firm’s management company. Maintain an awareness of due dates for all invoices received from third party vendors.
• Review all invoices, ensuring appropriate approval/sign-off and supporting documentation are present.
• Prepare invoice journal entries in the appropriate accounting software (QuickBooks and/or AltaReturn).
• Set up wires for payment through the online bank portal, process payments online, prepare checks for payment.
• Establish relationships with vendors and proactively follow-up to resolve issues, including billing discrepancies, missing invoices, and payment information.
• Maintain the Cash Sheet, monitor cash balances.
• Prepare various annual filings, including Forms 1099, annual MA/DE reports, certificates of good standing, sales tax return, etc.
• Support the payroll function by reviewing all employee expense reports.
Treasury Team Responsibilities
• Monitor and distribute emails in Finance inbox.
• Prepare, analyze and record finance related documents.
• Analyze and code incoming capital calls and cash/stock distributions.
• Monitor the daily cash transactions and balances for multiple bank accounts; investigate and propose possible resolution for discrepancies.
• Assist with other treasury team projects as needed.
This individual will report directly to a Senior Finance Manager and Treasury Managers, and will also be working closely with various other members of the Finance Team and Senior Management.
• Four-year degree in accounting, finance, economics or business management.
• Prior experience in an accounts payable department or familiarity with management company responsibilities in the asset management / private equity industry is desirable but not required.
• Strong computer skills including a high proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Excel and Word. Experience with Intuit QuickBooks and/or Allvue (fka AltaReturn) is a plus.
Compensation will be competitive for the industry and includes a strong benefits package and participation in a profit-sharing 401K plan.